Does the following situation sound familiar to you – you wake up early in the morning, go to work, deal with colleagues you can’t stand, go back home tired and start to wonder if this is the right path for you in life? If you can recognize it, you are not alone.
A lot of people wonder from time to time if what they do helps them to achieve their goals and if their lives have certain meanings. In order to figure out what life journey is right for you, below we list the main questions you should ask yourself.
- What things and activities I enjoy the most? The first step in recognizing what your life path is is to recognize things and activities which make you happy. What do you enjoy doing? What activities make you feel satisfied? The more you do what you love, the happier you will be. Thus, you should choose a career not based on what the payment is or how long you will have to stay at work but based on if it suits you and if you will enjoy doing it.
- If there were no boundaries in my life, what would I decide to do and what would I choose to have? Imagine you were a millionaire and had a lot of free time – would you do something different than you do now? What would it be? This question can help you to be clearer about your dreams and goals. Everything is possible with hard work. Thus, when you decide towards what you are working, it will be easier to keep moving forward to accomplish it.
- What have I achieved important in my life up until this point? Don’t let go your achievements unnoticed. Think of all the things, big or small, which you have achieved so far and which make you proud. You can write them on a paper and whenever you feel hopeless, take a look at them to get back your motivation and prove to yourself that if you put your mind on something, you go full force to achieve it.
- Who is my idol? Following in the footsteps of successful or influential people is another great step to keep moving forward in life. Think about those who inspire you. What qualities of theirs you admire the most? Why you want to become like them? What is the greatest lesson you can learn from such people and their lives? These questions keep you motivated and determined not to quit what you have started already.
- What do I want to achieve in my life? In order to have a future which you want to have, it is important to create your own life goals. There are three main spheres in which you should have goals – family life, career and health. When you decide what career you want to have, what kind of family you want to create and how much attention you want to spend on your health, it will be much easier to have a clearer picture of your future.