The main thing which distinguishes open minded and close minded people is that open minded people are always curious about the world and are eager to expand their knowledge, to learn new things and to hear other people’s opinions and accept them while at the same time sticking to their own values and beliefs.
Also, open minded people will never judge you based on other people’s opinions – they will listen to you first and then make their own decision or opinion. There are 6 qualities which show that you are such a person.
- You are not afraid of changes. Instead, you embrace them. You know that change is inevitable to keep growing as a person. Open minded people accept them and don’t spend too much time dwelling on their past. They see new changes as something positive coming into their lives.
- You are interested in everything around you. There is a saying “curiosity killed the cat”. However, to open minded people this saying can’t be applied. In fact, they see ignorance as their biggest enemy. Open minded people are curious about everything around them and question all things which are unclear to them.
- They embrace new things coming into their lives. Similarly to changes, open minded people enjoy new things, adventures and experiences. They will not travel to the same place again and again – instead, they will choose something which they don’t know and have never tried or never been.
- Open minded people don’t judge others. If something other people have done is not acceptable for them, they don’t judge them and don’t gossip about their choices. On the contrary – they try to understand them and accept the fact that everyone is different and everyone is entitled to live their lives how they want.
- Open minded people accept their mistakes. Similarly to the previously stated point, just like they don’t judge other people, they also don’t judge themselves if they do something wrong. They accept their mistakes and learn something from them. Open minded people don’t deny them. They see it as something which can be turned into new knowledge.
- You are a good listener. It is because you are really interested in what others are saying to you. Every person is like an unexplored world to you and since you are curious about everything, you are interested in other people’s opinions and ideas, too.
Thus, open your mind and be a better person.